Preferential hotel rates negotiated for CAUBO members through the National Office are available to all faculty and staff working at University and College member institutions.
Some users have experienced problems opening the Excel document above containing the most recent preferred hotel rates. These issues are related to individual users' computer settings and software versions. Please click here to open a PDF version of this document.
HOW TO BOOK A GUESTROOM AT THE CAUBO RATE:
When making a reservation, you or your travel agent should ask for the “University” or “CAUBO” rate. If there is a Contract ID listed next to the property in the chart, the reservation agent may be able to look it up using that number as well. Note that rates are in effect for the time period indicated on the chart.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE MAKING A RESERVATION:
- Please be sure to confirm the rate at the time of booking. Preferred rates cannot be offered upon arrival at the hotel.
- Rates are based on hotel availability, single and double occupancy and standard room types.
- These rates are "net" and are not commissionable to travel agents, although agents may book the hotels on your behalf.
- The hotel and motel rates listed are not applicable for groups or conferences, which must be negotiated separately with the hotel.
- The hotel and motel rates listed are available for personal travel where indicated by the hotel listing. However, hotels may require university or college identification upon arrival.
- The hotels listed may offer a promotional or special rate (such as a weekend rate) that may be lower than the posted "University" rate. Please feel free to ask for the best rate available.
ARE YOU EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES SECURING THE PREFERRED RATE?
- Is the hotel sold out? These rates are based on hotel availability in specific room categories. Also some hotels may have blackout periods.
- Are you booking a room for more than 2 people per room? Are you asking for a higher level of guestroom? Are you asking for extra amenities? The rates are negotiated for a single/double occupancy in a standard guestroom only, therefore extra fees may apply.
- If you are having an issue (rate and service), please contact the hotel property directly and ask to speak with the Reservation Manager on duty.
- In the event that you are not able to resolve the issue, please send an email to email@example.com with the reservation date, the name on the reservation, the property name and city location. Please note that CAUBO has no direct control over the rates; however, we will follow up with the hotel and will advise you of the outcome as soon as possible.
If you represent a hotel and would like to participate in the hotel program, please send an email to George Dew at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613.230.6760 x 339.