University Manager, CAUBO’s flagship publication, is published 4 times per year. You can search the Knowledge Centre for past issues of University Manager or browse the archives below.
Articles in University Manager cover topics and trends of interest to university administrators. Articles focus on best practices and practical advice that members can use. In addition, regular columns keep members informed of new appointments and retirements in the sector, upcoming CAUBO events, and new developments on campuses across Canada.
Is your company interested in advertising in University Manager magazine? Download the media kit.
Write for University Manager and you could win $1,000!
We’re looking for member-written articles for University Manager magazine, and we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is. CAUBO and Kelman & Associates (the publisher of University Manager) are pleased to announce that any CAUBO member who submits an article to the magazine that is published will be eligible to win a $1,000 prize. A selection committee will review all submissions according to the following set of criteria and choose a winner annually:
• Relevance and interest of the subject material to the University Manager readership
• Use of appropriate resources to support or enhance the subject material
• Overall quality of writing
• Extent of development of the subject material’s objective or theme
We’re looking for articles on all topics of interest to university administrators, with a focus on success stories and best practices that could be of interest to your colleagues at other institutions. Feature-length articles (approximately 2,000 words) or shorter pieces (800-900 words) are both welcome.
All authors must submit an initial proposal for their article. Proposals should be sent to email@example.com, and should include the following:
• Your name, position, institution, and contact information
• Your article theme or objective
• A list of resources with whom/which you will consult in the course of writing your article
• A proposed timeline for completion (which allows us to determine which issue of the magazine your article might work for)
• Proposed article length