Founded in 1937, CAUBO is a non-profit professional organization representing the chief administrative and financial officers at over 100 universities and affiliated colleges in Canada.
See how many ways there are to engage with CAUBO, whether you have a few minutes or all the time in the world!
Our Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan
CAUBO is a key enabler of excellence in Canadian higher education administration.
CAUBO provides a national perspective on matters related to higher education administration. It strengthens the capacity of leaders in the sector by connecting them with peers and information, enabling them to pursue opportunities and create solutions for shared issues.
- Belief in the VALUES OF EFFICIENCY, EFFECTIVENESS AND ACCOUNTABILITY that underpin members’ efforts on behalf of their institutions,
- A deep commitment to COLLABORATION among institutions and among individual members,
- A genuine sense of SERVICE to our members and to the higher education community at large,
- An abiding belief that LEARNING is essential to success,
- RESPECT for our members, partners and stakeholders,
- INTEGRITY in our interactions, our decision-making, and our service to the higher education system.
After a thoughtful, member-guided strategic planning exercise, the Board of Directors approved the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan in April 2015. CAUBO consulted extensively with members during the planning process, through interviews and a member survey as well as focus groups and joint meetings with the Board of Directors and volunteers. Members told us that what they need most from CAUBO are benchmarking data, best practices and advice from peers and colleagues that will inform their decision-making. We also heard that CAUBO should play a more proactive role at the national level, on issues where influence, information or advocacy can deliver value to members and the sector.
Read CAUBO’s current strategic plan 2015-2020 – extended to 2022.