Founded in 1937, CAUBO is a non-profit professional organization representing the chief administrative and financial officers at over 100 universities and affiliated colleges in Canada.
See how many ways there are to engage with CAUBO, whether you have a few minutes or all the time in the world!
Our Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan
CAUBO is a key enabler of excellence in Canadian higher education administration.
CAUBO provides a national perspective on matters related to higher education administration. It strengthens the capacity of leaders in the sector by connecting them with peers and information, enabling them to pursue opportunities and create solutions for shared issues.
CAUBO strives to:
- Reflect the values of EFFICIENCY and EFFECTIVENESS that underpin members’ efforts on behalf of their institutions;
- Act with INTEGRITY and demonstrate ACCOUNTABILITY in our interactions, our decision-making, and our service to the higher education system.
- Embody a genuine sense of SERVICE to our members and to the higher education community at large;
- Foster COLLABORATION among institutions and individual members;
- Demonstrate our abiding belief that LEARNING is essential to success.
- Create a WELCOMING and INCLUSIVE community that is REPRESENTATIVE of our diverse membership base;
- Consider SOCIAL, ECONOMIC, and ENVIRONMENTAL impacts within our operations, programs, and offerings.
Following a year-long process, delayed by several years due to the pandemic, we are very pleased to present you with CAUBO’s 2023–2028 Strategic Plan. Our ultimate goal for the next five years is to continue to strengthen the capacity of leaders in the sector by connecting them with peers and information, enabling them to pursue opportunities and create solutions for shared issues. The intent is to innovate and build on our prior achievements while improving our responsiveness in helping members navigate increasingly complex challenges and opportunities.
We remain committed to an issue-based, member-driven approach to all that we do, which means that you, our members, will continue to be an essential part of CAUBO’s work. By sharing data, feedback, successes, and lessons learned with us and your peers, you contribute to the production of highly tailored reports and events and help us stay agile, so we may direct our resources where they are most needed.
Highlights and Achievements
Read about CAUBO’s major milestones and activities over the past five years.