CAUBO provides a wide variety of professional development offerings for the benefit of its members, including our annual conference, online courses, workshops, and webinars. We also produce a Guide to Communications in a University Context, available online in its entirety. Click here to view a list of on-demand webinars.
Other Events of Interest
As events become available, CAUBO will provide updated listing of professional development events hosted by other organizations that CAUBO members may find to be of interest. These listings are submitted by the hosting organization and are not endorsed by CAUBO. If you are hosting an event that you would like to see listed here please contact CAUBO’s Professional Development Coordinator Kristine Serjak at email@example.com.
In an effort to expand professional development opportunities, CAUBO has partnered with NACUBO and its Eastern chapter, EACUBO, to offer reciprocal member pricing on events. Visit www.nacubo.org for a list of upcoming events. If you see an event you’d like to participate in, contact the Communications and Membership Coordinator for the appropriate discount code.
The Art of Leadership for Women
- Toronto Conference: June 17, 2022
- Website: https://www.theartof.com/leadership-women-toronto-2022
Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB): Exposure Draft “Employee Benefits, Proposed Section PS 3251”
- Webinar – Watch the recorded webinar to learn about the key proposals in PSAB’s Exposure Draft “Employee Benefits, Proposed Section PS 3251”.
Members who participate in CAUBO’s professional development offerings can now ask to have them applied as credits towards some accreditation programs and designations in their respective fields. We have engaged with a number of accrediting organizations who have acknowledged CAUBO as an offeror of professional development that may be eligible for their programs.
How do I acquire my credits?
Each individual member will be responsible for assessing whether or not the PD activities you take part in are relevant to your work and/or education requirements. If you believe they are, you must file directly with the specific accreditation body to earn your credits. Generally, the receipt or email confirmation originally provided by CAUBO can serve as proof of registration. Please contact the respective organizations directly to find out more about how to receive your credits.
The list of accreditation programs and organizations that may provide continuing education credit for CAUBO professional development activities is below. This list may be incomplete, so if you know of others that should be added, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Association of Physical Plant Administrators (APPA)
- Association For Supply Chain Management
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP)
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Canada’s Association of I.T. Professionals (CIPS)
- Canadian Institute of Traffic & Transportation (CITT)
- Canadian Payroll Association
- CFA Institute
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR)
- CIM Chartered Managers Canada
- CPA Canada
- The Institute of Internal Auditors Canada
- Institute for Supply Management in the US
- LEED Green Associate/LEED AP
- National Institute of Government Procurement (NIGP)
- Ontario Public Buyers Association (OPBA)
- Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. (RIMS)
- Supply Chain Canada
If you have questions about this accreditation initiative, please contact Kris Serjak at email@example.com.