Preferential hotel rates negotiated for CAUBO members. Administrative staff and faculty currently employed by CAUBO member universities and colleges are eligible to reserve guestrooms under the CAUBO Hotel Program with all brands for personal and business use. The Program is not intended for students, alumni or retirees. Proof of employment (e.g. business card or employee ID) may be requested upon check-in at the hotel.
Click here (PDF) to view the preferred CAUBO rates for 2017-2018 for Canadian hotels.
Click here (PDF) to view the preferred CAUBO rates for 2019-2020 for Canadian hotels.
The posted hotel rates are guaranteed rates, however, hotels may choose to offer promotional rates or discounts throughout the year that are not posted. Members should contact the hotel or visit the hotel landing page for any special pricing. Hotel chains may also offer chain wide discounts on domestic and international hotels that are not listed in the program.
Click here (PDF) to view the campus residences list.
Many of CAUBO’s Members offer on-campus accommodations, some are available year round while others are only available during the summer months (May-August).
HOW TO BOOK A GUESTROOM AT THE CAUBO RATE:
When making a reservation, you or your travel agent should quote the Contract ID listed for the hotel. Note that rates are in effect for the time period indicated.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE MAKING A RESERVATION:
- “University” rates are special lodging rates offered to faculty and staff of CAUBO/ACPAU (Canadian Association of University Business Officers) member universities and colleges throughout Canada. Some discounts are as high as 50% off the regular rate.
- Please be sure to confirm the rate at the time of booking. Preferred rates cannot be offered upon arrival at the hotel.
- Rates are based on hotel availability, single and double occupancy and standard room types.
- These rates are “net” and are not commissionable to travel agents, although agents may book the hotels on your behalf.
- The hotel and motel rates listed are not applicable for groups or conferences, which must be negotiated separately with the hotel.
- The hotel and motel rates listed are available for personal travel. However, hotels may require university or college identification upon arrival.
- The hotels listed may offer a promotional or special rate (such as a weekend rate) that may be lower than the posted “University” rate. Please feel free to ask for the best rate available.
ARE YOU EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES SECURING THE PREFERRED RATE?
- Is the hotel sold out? These rates are based on hotel availability in specific room categories. Also some hotels may have blackout periods.
- Are you booking a room for more than 2 people per room? Are you asking for a higher level of guestroom? Are you asking for extra amenities? The rates are negotiated for a single/double occupancy in a standard guestroom only, therefore extra fees may apply.
- If you are having an issue (rate and service), please contact the hotel property directly and ask to speak with the Reservation Manager on duty.
- In the event that you are not able to resolve the issue, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reservation date, the name on the reservation, the property name and city location. Please note that CAUBO has no direct control over the rates; however, we will follow up with the hotel and will advise you of the outcome as soon as possible.
If you represent a hotel and would like to participate in the hotel program, please send an email to email@example.com.