NEW CAUBO PARTNERSHIP WITH HR METRICS SERVICE
CAUBO knows that members need evidence-based data to support their institutional decision-making.
That’s why we are pleased to share with you that we have signed a partnership agreement with HR Metrics Service (HRMS) to provide CAUBO members with quality HR benchmarking services. HRMS is a privately owned national benchmarking service with 65 client organizations from a variety of sectors, including several Canadian universities. Participating universities report a high degree of satisfaction with the service, content, and quality of reporting they have received from HRMS and recommend it to colleagues in the sector.
Joining HRMS has been a great investment for us at Memorial. We started with a limited number of metrics, and have now scaled up to 45 metrics! We use them for internal reporting, including the University’s Executive and annual reporting to the Board of Regents.
—Stephen Dodge (MUN)
This partnership will support the development of national HR metrics and help CAUBO members obtain reliable data to guide decision-making.
Key benefits for CAUBO members
CAUBO members that participate in the HRMS benchmarking service will receive:
- Sector-wide data analysis and trend reporting, provided by a third-party consultant with support from CAUBO
- Educational support to help use the resulting evidence-based data and information effectively
- Differentiated HRMS participation fees for CAUBO members, based on institutional size
Timeline for HRMS partnership with CAUBO
- Right now: Universities can sign up to work with HRMS and begin measuring their institutional data using their choice of metrics.
- In the coming months: CAUBO will coordinate the formation of a Steering Committee and Working Group to guide and convey a collective vision for HR benchmarking and measurement within the Canadian higher education .
- Within the next fiscal year: A third-party consultant will be engaged to develop sectoral trends and analysis and provide professional development to help members get the most out of their participation.
This service is currently available in English only. Bilingual services will become available as additional universities sign on with HRMS.
About HR Metrics Service
HRMS currently enables participating organizations to measure and compare their institutions based on more than 150 benchmarking metrics. Among them are six commonly used core metrics:
- Turnover – voluntary and involuntary
- First-year turnover
- Grievances as a percentage of unionized headcount (under review)
- HR headcount ratio
- Average age
- Average length of service
Many university-specific metrics have been added over the last several years. The full list is available here.
A list of current university participants is available online at www.hrmetricsservice.org/participants/
Participation fees are payable to HRMS. CAUBO will provide trend analysis and educational support as part of your CAUBO institutional membership fee.
We hope CAUBO members will take advantage of this targeted opportunity to improve their HR data and decision-making capacity. If you have questions about this partnership, please contact Elizabeth Taylor at email@example.com.